Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Banana Coconut Guacamole

A girl I know told me that where she comes from in Brazil, Avocados are eaten as a sweet food or a fruit rather than with spicy foods or vegetables.This popped my avocado third eye cherry and from there I began experimenting with so many beautiful recipes featuring the precious avocado.  In fact, I eat one almost every day.  They contain an abundance of nourishing fats, good for the body, as well as amino acids and many other nutrients.


Banana Coconut Guacamole with 

Sugar Salt Fresh Fried Tortillas


The Ingredients:

The Guac:
1 Ripe Banay Nay
1 Ripe Avocado
Coconut Flakes
Cream of Coconut
Fresh Cilantro Chopped with Love 
Lime
(**Anything else creative and yummy: cucumbers, pineapple, crushed red pepper, bell peppers, honey, bee pollen, jalapeno,onion, mango, etc**)

The Chips: 
Preservative free handmade corn torillas
free range local organic butter
coconut oil




My Process:

Then I simply cut the tortillas into chip size pieces and fry in a pan of hot oil & butter until lightly browned,
drain on a plate lined with paper towel and while still hot sprinkle with raw sugar and freshly ground himalayan salt (or any salt).

Mash banana, avocado, a splash of cream of coco, some coconut flakes, lime juice, and a lil salt
then top with chopped cilantro

Next time I might make it a little more savory to satisfy my spice tooth (like a sweet tooth but for spicy food) by adding jalapeno, onion, and maybe a chopped  bell pepper...
omg...yum.
-Laura






1 comment:

  1. Cant wait to make some, yummy, oh and you know your african sister must have everything spicy ���� - christelle

    ReplyDelete